The Great Recession has soured the once exuberant mood of house-hunters and homeowners alike. But a small financial institution in the Northeast is trying to restore a little charm to our homes with a light and easy look at home improvement. So, courtesy of ESSA, here are five ways to make the home you’re in more pleasant and livable:
- Paint. It’s relatively easy and inexpensive. For a quick fix, try painting one wall as in accent color.
- Clutter. Sell, file, discard or donate items you no longer need.
- Light. Wash windows, brush screens and let the sunshine in.
- Fix. Patch holes in drywall, nail loose boards on decks and pull the weeds.
- Clean. Rent a carpet cleaner and clean the high-traffic areas.